• Good performance outdoors and to corrosion due to over 40 years experience in outdoor installations.
• Insulating material, providing electrical safety.
• Designed to support full load.
Cable trays and elements
* The values indicated according to IEC 61537 have been tested under the equivalent standard EN 61537.
BS EN 61537 is the UK implementation of EN 61537 and IEC 61537.
See updated technical information
of each part number on
Provides additional insulation for people and cables, which remains unaltered in the course of time.
The raw material assures excellent behaviour in front of corrosion; this feature is inherent, it is not achieved by applying a coating to the final product.
Therefore, the corrosion protection remains unchanged:
• In the course of time.
• After cutting and manual processing the material in the worksite.
Unex insulating cable trays are designed to assure a good protection against the UV rays:
• Own raw material formulation, suitable for UV rays exposure.
• Unex insulating cable trays are endorsed by 40 years’ experience in outdoor installations.
Unex insulating cable trays are designed to absorb linear expansion. The “d” distance between two lengths varies depending on the difference between the maximum temperature and the installation temperature.
Impact test acc./IEC 61537* at the minimum declared temperature.
Unex designs its cable trays to avoid impact damage at their lowest declared temperature (-20ºC).
Except sizes 60x75: (5 J) and 60x100: (10 J).
Impact test acc./EN 50085-1*
Unex insulating cable tray with cover, by complying with the European Standard EN 50085-2-1*, is considered a protecting enclosure (trunking).
Impact test for trunkings: IK10 (with cover fixing).
Unex cable tray passes the flammability and flame-propagation tests included in IEC 61537* with the best classification required from organic materials.
Glow-wire test IEC 61537*.
Test measuring the material's flammability by overheating a conductor.
Non-flame propagating IEC 61537*.
Test measuring flame spread caused by electrical ignition sources.
Flammability test UL94: V0 (thickness of the material tested: 2.5 mm).
No heat propagation.
As a result of the low thermal conductivity of insulating materials, no hot spots are generated away from the fire source.
* BS EN 61537 is the UK implementation of EN 61537 and IEC 61537.
* BS EN 50085-1 is the UK implementation of EN 50085-1.
Safe working load test Type I acc./IEC 61537*
• Longitudinal deflection <1% and transverse deflection <5%.
• Safety coefficient 1.7.
Allows placing the junctions at any point between two brackets, assuring the safe admissible load.
Higher safety for the installation.
Simpler calculation process
in the design of the cable tray, execution and control of the installation. Load resistance
in future extensions of the installation.
Unex has designed a cable tray which is able to:
• Support the load of all the cables that may fit in the tray, considering the filling ratio.
For cable trays of width ≥ 300 mm the use of a base union is necessary to comply with the requirements of full load transverse deflection defined by international Cable trays Standard IEC 61537.
A packaging designed to protect the product’s characteristics during transport
and storage, until the moment of final use.