The purpose of this policy is to explain how Unex processes personal data within the scope of its commercial operations and staff recruitment. Your personal data will be processed confidentially and only for those purposes that you have consented to or that are necessary in order to conduct our commercial or recruitment activity.
Commitment to privacy
Unex is fully committed to complying with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation and with the data protection regulations in force at all times.
Privacy being the basis on which all processing is configured:
- • To comply with the principle of transparency, we will duly inform you of the purposes of such processing.
- • We will always only process data that is strictly necessary to conduct the processing of which we have informed you.
- • We will never force you to provide personal data, unless it is really necessary to provide the service you request.
- • Whenever possible, we will provide you with simple means to control your personal data.
- • We will only share data with third parties in the case of companies that provide us with a service necessary for our commercial activity that requires the processing of your personal data, and where we have previously informed you and have your consent.
Purposes of data processing
Unex, within the framework of its business activities, collects personal data from customers, suppliers and candidates, among others, for the following purposes:
- a) To respond to any queries, questions or requests made through the customer service or communication channels identified on each web page and to contact you to resolve them.
- b) To conduct our marketing and promotional activity in relation to our products.
- c) To maintain the commercial relationship with our customers and suppliers.
- d) To manage relations with industry professionals.
- e) To improve our websites, services and products, and offer better service and content.
- f) To manage your application in recruitment processes.
Occasionally, it may be necessary to process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations, or obligations arising from any contractual or pre-contractual relationship we may have with you.
In addition, in order for you to register on our website, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- - To manage the registration of your user account.
- - To provide you with access to exclusive content.
- - To conduct customer profiling.
Finally, provided that you have given us your consent, we may send you electronic communications by e-mail or other electronic means of communication, depending on the data provided (e-mail, telephone, SMS, internet messaging applications, etc.). Such communications may include invitations to events, sending promotions or offers, or other commercial information that we believe may be of interest to you.
Which data do we process?
In order to conduct our marketing activities, promotional activities and staff recruitment with the purposes indicated in the previous section, we will process the following data:
- a) Name and surname, as well as any other professional information, such as your position, telephone numbers and professional postal or e-mail addresses, etc. that you may provide in relation to questions or queries.
- b) First name and surname, as well as any other professional information, such as position, telephone numbers and professional postal or e-mail addresses, etc., of both representatives of our customers or suppliers and our customers' or suppliers' employees who are in any way involved in the business relationship or promotional activity.
- c) First name and surname, e-mail address, as well as any CV details that you provide within the framework of a job application.
- d) The data required to manage registered user accounts at any one time.
- e) Likewise, depending on the nature of the relationship, we will process academic or professional data, economic, financial or banking data, traffic and location data, etc.
Automated decisions and profiling
On certain occasions, in order to be able to offer you a better service, we may conduct profiling based on the following criteria: opening of our electronic communications, content accessed, participation in events or attendance at events or other activities promoted by Unex, as well as, if you are a customer, your product purchase history.
Based on the above, we can customise the content we send you, inform you of events or products that best suit your interests, and generally offer a higher quality personalised service.
For example, we may customise content based on the country or region of the registered user. It is therefore possible that you may receive information from other companies in the Unex group, depending on which companies provide services in your country, notwithstanding that all communications are always sent by Unex aparellaje eléctrico, S.L.
These automated decisions are based on criteria defined by Unex and not on algorithms with the capacity to make decisions that have legal effects on registered users, or that affect them in a similar way.
We do not offer general services that are not segmented using the above procedure, as we consider it is in the interest of both Unex and the registered user to send or receive information or offer other content that is especially relevant. In addition, segmenting does not alter the number of communications received, but only the content thereof, in order to improve the quality of the service provided.
Duration of processing and storage period
At Unex, we are committed to processing personal data as long as such data is actually useful to us and we can offer you a quality service by using such data.
As a general rule, data will be kept for as long as it is necessary to maintain the commercial relationship with our customers and suppliers, as well as for as long as we consider it appropriate for our marketing and promotional activity and for maintaining pre-contractual relationships.
In the case of data processed in the context of recruitment processes, CV information will be deleted after three years from the end of the recruitment process, notwithstanding the storage for five years of identification details (name and surname), any candidate applications that may have been submitted, and the results of said recruitment processes.
In any event, and even if you ask us to erase your data, we may store and retain it, under the proper blocking and isolation in our processing systems, for the time required to comply with our legal obligations and in order to make it available to the competent Authorities in the various applicable areas.
Exercising rights and claims before the Data Protection Authority
As a consequence of Unex processing your personal data, the current legislation grants you a number of rights. Below is a short explanation of each right to make it easier for you to exercise it:
- 1. Right of access: You have the right to know the exact personal data we process and the purposes for which we process such data.
- 2. Right of rectification: : Your data will always be yours and, as such, you can ask us to rectify data at any time if our records are incorrect.
- 3. Right of erasure: You may at any time request that your personal data be erased from our files. As stated in the section on data retention above, please note that, in certain circumstances, compliance with current legislation may prevent the effective exercise of this right.
- 4. Right of objection: You may object to the processing of your data in relation to any of the purposes for which we process your data, in accordance with the privacy policies applicable in each case.
- 5. Right to restrict processing: You may request the restriction of processing in the following cases:
- a. If you believe that the information we hold about you is not correct or accurate.
- b. If you believe that we are not processing your data in a lawful way, but you prefer that we restrict processing rather than delete such data.
- c. If the data we hold is no longer needed for the purpose for which we collected it, but you need us to keep it for any legal claims.
- d. If, having exercised the right of objection to processing, you are waiting for a response on our part.
- 6. Right to portability of your data: You have the right, as far as is reasonably and technically possible, to request that personal data you have directly provided to us be passed on to another data controller. If possible, we will provide your data directly to that data controller, but if not, we will provide it to you in a standard format.
As long as we process your data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw it at any time, with no consequences for you beyond not being able to provide you with certain services, according to the right exercised.
The exercise of your rights may be made effective by contacting Unex by means of an e-mail, which must be sent to the following address email@example.com, accompanied by a copy of a document proving your identity.
If you do not wish to exercise a specific right, but need to make a query or suggestion regarding the processing of your personal data, you may contact the address provided for exercising rights.
Please note that you can always lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority if you believe that we have not processed your data lawfully or that we have not complied with your requests or rights.
Confidentiality and security in data processing
Your personal data is very important to us, and we are committed to processing it with the utmost confidentiality and discretion, as well as implementing all security measures we consider to be appropriate and reasonable.
Unex therefore employs all the technical means at its disposal to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of data provided by users.
Data communications between Unex Group companies
Unex is an international group of companies, with a presence both in Europe and outside the European Union.
In certain cases, data about our business contacts, customers and employees (or candidates) may be shared between these companies.
You can find a full list of Unex Group companies at UNEX
As a general rule, we try to keep your data in the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).
In order to find out about the international transfers made between Unex Group companies, you can go to the following link international transfers
In these situations, Unex applies all measures and controls to ensure and protect the processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org